The Preachers’ Must-Reads
- Christ-Centered Preaching by Bryan Chapell. There is no better work that includes both theology and theory for preaching.
- The Supremacy of God in Preaching by John Piper. We must read this book again and again, that we may not take our eyes off the goal.
- Preaching and Preachers, D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones
- Biblical Preaching, Haddon Robinson
- Preaching for God’s Glory, by Alistair Begg, one of my favorite expositors. This book is a 2 hour read maximum but contains a wealth of powerful content. This is the book I first suggest to laymen who desire to grow in his ability to preach and teach.
- Preaching, Communicating Faith in an Age of Skepticism, Tim Keller. Wonderful applications regarding connecting truth to culture.